I missed my wrap up post for September thanks to an unplanned break from blogging, so this month I’m combining both September and October into one big post.
Books read: 14
I’ve managed to read some really great books over the last couple of months. In particular, City of Circles, The Ninth Rain and American War all stand out as favourites.
- City of Circles, Jess Richards
- Three Days and a Life, Pierre Lemaitre
- The Last Tudor, Philippa Gregory
- The Ninth Rain, Jen Williams
- American War, Omar El Akkad
- Eligible, Curtis Sittenfeld
- Mercy, Jussi Adler-Olsen
- The Children Act, Ian McEwan
- The Break, Marian Keyes
- Elizabeth is Missing, Emma Healey
- The Thousandth Floor, Katherine McGee
- Artemis, Andy Weir
- Death is a Welcome Guest, Louise Welsh
- The Burning Page, Genevieve Cogman
Books acquired: 18
Over the past couple of months I’ve been on a tighter budget for book buying, so all of the books I’ve acquired have been ebooks on sale on Amazon (£2 or less), found in second hand shops or got through my Audible membership. Continue reading →
Books read: 6
Compared to usual, I haven’t had a great month for reading. Of the books I did read, my favourite was probably Flame in the Mist, followed by Magpie Murders and How to Stop Time.
Books acquired: 5
I spent less on books this month than usual. Three of these books were reduced on Amazon and I got a couple of ARCs from Netgalley. I also put in a couple of pre-orders for May but I haven’t received them yet.
- Flame in the Mist – Renee Ahdieh
- How to Stop Time – Matt Haig
- The Roanoke Girls – Amy Engel
- Six of Crows – Leigh Bardugo
- Ready Player One – Ernest Cline
Blog posts published: 9
April was actually my second best month for blogging in terms of visitor stats since I first began blogging in January 2013 – so thanks everyone for reading my posts and chatting to me! Unsurprisingly, my giveaway of A Court of Wings and Ruin was the most popular post. Other top posts were my discussion post looking at what makes fan fiction and a review of Hannah Tinti’s The Twelve Lives of Samuel Hawley.
TBR for May:
Realistically I don’t think I’ll get around to reading the last one on this list, as it’s been on my TBR list since January. But you never know, May might be the month I finally get to it. I’m already part way through The Green Road, so hopefully should finish this one off quite quickly.
- A Court of Wings and Ruin – Sarah J Maas
- The Green Road – Anne Enright
- House of Names – Colm Tobin
- The Ice – Laline Paull
- Into the Water – Paula Hawkins
- The Wise Man’s Fear – Patrick Rothfuss
Goodreads Challenge: My Goodreads reading goal is to read 50 books this year. I’ve now completed 27 books – meaning that I’m currently ahead of schedule by 11 books. (27/50)
Beat the Backlist Challenge: The Beat the Backlist challenge is all about knocking off titles that have been on your TBR for a while. Books need to have been published prior to 2017, and I’m only including books that I actually bought before 2017 and that have been sitting around waiting for me to read them – so no new purchases or library reads.
This month, none of my reads qualified, so my total remains at just two books towards a goal of twelve. (2/12)
How was your April? Did you read anything great? What do you have planned to read in May?